Archive for the ‘3. Ancient Rome’ Category
As previous post we focus more on the ancient Rome and how it conquered or changed Britain.
Let’s watch this video from Crash Course History by John Green, where he will focus on Julius Caesar and (quoted him) “while trying to answer a question: When, if ever, is it OK to stab someone 23 times?”
I almost slip from my chair hearing this.. LOL.
Let’s start with watching the story of Romulus & Remus, the founders of the city of Rome.
- What was life like in ancient Rome? – check out this video about Roman Emperors:
- Here is what was life like in a young girl’s day in ancient Rome time:
and here is the day for a teenage boy:
- How the Romans conquered Britain?
One story I wouldn’t miss is how the Celts fought back. The video in BBC Bitesize is no longer available, but we can watch this: the famous fight from the Iceni tribe, lead by their Warrior Queen Boudicca
- Did the Romans conquer Scotland?
- What was life like in the Roman army?
- What was it like in Roman Britain?
- How did the Romans change Britain?